Calling all Friends of Boulder Knoll!
All are invited to a special meeting on Thursday, March 27, at 7 pm at 474 Maple Avenue, Cheshire.
This meeting is special because we have been invited by the Planning Committee of the Town Council to make a proposal for using two acres of Boulder Knoll for agricultural and educational purposes this year. We will be presenting a proposal (a concept document, not a detailed proposal like before) to the Planning Committee in early April. If the Planning Committee and the Town Council accept our proposal, we will be able to start working on a piece of land — and we will need everyone’s help to get started.
Here is the agenda:
- Brief review of the current situation at Boulder Knoll, the offer from the Planning Committee, and the goal-setting and ideas developed by the Board at our recent workshop
- Goals for this year and for this piece of land
Issues we need to resolve to get started:
- Our specific plan for the land for this year
- Our plan for involving the community in this town-owned land
- Our policy on use of agricultural chemicals
- Seeds and other planting stock
- Other materials (lime, other soil amendments and/or fertilizers, mulch,
- agrichemicals if any, etc.)
- Marketing products
- Educational and Community programs
- Finances and Fundraising
- Proposal(s) to present to Planning Committee, Town Council, and Town
I don’t expect we will resolve all of these issues on Thursday night, but
I hope we will identify people who will get to work on researching each
Directions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for directions or additional information.
See you then!