With your help, we can build on our spectacular year of successful farming and environmental education at Boulder Knoll. Let’s look at what we have achieved this year and some future directions.
This year’s accomplishments include:
- 16+ weeks of fresh vegetables each week to 50 CSA shareholders
- Donating produce every week to local soup kitchens
- Obtaining a $26K grant from the Cheshire Nursery School
- Hiring Julia Meurice, our new environmental educator
- At least 20 environmental programs and events involving more than 190 people (50+ youth!) demonstrating the vast educational richness the Farm has to offer
- Involvement from many local organizations in Farm activities
- With help from the Town of Cheshire, restoring a reliable water supply to the farm
- Two very successful fundraisers: Delightful Day at the Farm and the 3rd Annual CommunityTag Sale
Next year we seek to:
- Purchase new/used farming equipment
- Expand our infrastructure, improve our soil
- Further involve the community with the nature of the Farm
- Find new ways to provide healthy food to those less fortunate
Can you help us achieve these goals? Please become a supporting member today.
As a special thank you for your support, the members of the Friends of Boulder Knoll are offered the first opportunity to sign up for shares in the CSA, before shares are offered to the wider community. CSA shares sold out in less than four weeks this year, and the demand is tremendous.
Support Friends of Boulder Knoll by becoming a member for the coming year (Oct 2011-Sept 2012).
Send us your thoughts, ideas, and dreams for the Farm through our website. Then, come to the Farm, see what we have built together, and help us keep it growing.
The Friends of Boulder Knoll Board