Here is the agenda for the Friends of Boulder Knoll meeting at 7 pm on Thursday 12/18 at Fellis’s house. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Follow up on tasks from annual meeting and November meeting:
- Jill sent out an e-mail asking for volunteers in the membership. Any response?.
- Jeff has done research on water supplies and has information to share.
- Jill has drafted a fundraising letter to Whole Foods for review.
- Follow up on other fundraising ideas – revive the letter to individuals in the community? Plan an event? (Note: Ron sent me a note that he may have to step back from Boulder Knoll activities for a while to look after his father, so we may need someone else to take leadership in fundraising).
- Kim got permission from the town to collect leaves on the concrete pad. Anyone still collecting leaves? Or should we start this with spring clean-up season?
- Finding a farmer: Kim got back in touch with Brenda Caldwell, awaiting a response. Other steps – we have suggested Jane Dunn, contacting farms with apprentices, contacting colleges with sustainable ag programs for summer intern (Yale, Wesleyan, CT College), contacting Lyman Hall (Vo-ag high school in Wallingford)
- Kim contacted Laura DeCaprio about next Planning Committee meeting – not until January, date still uncertain. Should we go ahead and ask town staff about Advanced Master Gardener Program for spring ?
- Other tasks from last meeting: Jonathan was to contact Wiggin & Dana, Greg to contact Tina Sullivan of BZA Geoenvironmental
- *Progress on developing a business plan?
- *Open lines of communication with Cheshire Land Trust about their farming plans and possibility of a CSA
- Find someone to coordinate membership
New items (my own ideas):
- Contact outlets for our food – Cheshire Food Pantry or other emergency food programs, Billy Bromage (Fellowship Place, coordinating program with social services in New Haven) Claire Criscuolo, Jordan Caterers — see what they want that we might be able to grow.
- Get advice /brainstorm on farm planning – contact Walter Greist, maybe other organic farmers like Sam Hammer or Paul Bucciaglia, Natural Resources Conservation Service or Southwest Conservation District.